Freedom of Information
In accordance with the general Provisions of the Freedom of Information Act (5 ILCS 140/), the Grande Prairie Public Library District provides the following procedures for requesting information and records available to the public.
1. Please make your request for records in writing. The Grande Prairie Public Library District does not require the completion of a standard form for this purpose. You may submit your written request by mail, fax or e-mail. Please direct your request to:
FOIA Officer – Library Director
Grande Prairie Public Library District
3479 West 183rd Street.
Hazel Crest, IL 60429
E-mail: email@example.com<br />
2. Please be as specific as possible when describing the records you are seeking. Remember, the Freedom of Information Act is designed to allow you to inspect or receive copies of records. It is not designed to require a public body to answer questions. If you wish to ask questions of a representative of the Grande Prairie Public Library District, you may call the library at 708-798-5563 to be directed to the FOIA Officer.
3. Please tell us whether you would like copies of the requested records, or whether you wish to examine the records in person. You have the right to either option.
4. There is no fee for up to 50 pages of standard paper copies. For pages beyond 50, there is a .10-cent-per-page charge.
5. Please include your name, preferred telephone number(s), mailing address, and, if you wish, your electronic mail address.
Certain types of information maintained by the library are exempt from inspection and copying. However, the following types or categories of records are maintained under our control:
A. Monthly Financial Statements B. Annual Receipts and Disbursements Reports
C. Budget and Appropriation Ordinances
D. Levy Ordinances
E. Operating Budgets
F. Annual Audits
G. Minutes of the Board of Library Trustees
H. Library Policies, including Materials Selection
I. Annual Reports to the Illinois State Library